Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green is great-but is he really ELITE?
(09-15-2015, 07:42 AM)djs7685 Wrote: If you guys want a reasonable discussion then give me reasonable arguments.

Don't expect bullshit logic and terrible analogies to have reasonable responses. If someone wants to be a normal human being about A.J. then we can have a fine discussion but it goes south the second people start throwing stupid arguments into the mix.

Like how is A.J. "in a slump"?? Oh, you mean the one game we've played so far? I guess if you consider 1 game a slump to be concerned about then...uuhh..yeah seems like you guys already have a preconceived opinion that won't be changing. I have no problem admitting he didn't play a good game in Oakland, but it's still just 1 game.

Late last season A.J. put up the most explosive game of his CAREER and will go down as one of his best games as a professional when it's all said and done. Then he was dealing with injury again to close out the year. Someone explain to me how this is a slump.

This isn't one of the terrible arguments I was talking about earlier, I was referring to the other guys I've already gone off on yesterday. As far as the slump thing, I was actually going to agree with Shake until I realized that late last year he had some great showings of fire and explosiveness again and that I'd basically be calling the single Oakland game a "slump" which doesn't seem fair IMO.

Like I said, give good arguments and we can have a real discussion. People saying he isn't elite because of drops are either dumb, biased, or don't watch football outside of Cincinnati to realize he doesn't drop passes more often than others that are unquestionably elite. People that say that only Hall of Fame players are elite and they name non-HoF players as elite will get called out for it. People that make an awful, nonsensical analogy about Andy will get called out for it.

You guys are funny by bashing the people who are opposing stupid logic instead of questioning the guys making stupid arguments themselves.
Really?  Some of us do give good arguments, but just because you don't agree with what we say, you say people "are either dumb, biased, or don't watch football outside of Cincinnati...."  I watch a lot of football, as much as I can, which is probably more than some, and probably a little less than others.  I watch on TV, in the stands, and on the sidelines, so I don't want to hear about not watching it outside of Cincinnati.

AJ is a great receiver on my favorite team.  I wish I could say he is the best receiver in the NFL, but I am not biased and don't think he is.  As stated earlier, I think he is close to being elite, but not quite.  Again, I am not just using the drops in my assessment.  I am using the drops, the times when he doesn't seem to fight for the ball, the routes he sometimes runs.  I know the "elite" do that too, but AJ just seems to do it a little more often than them.  This is MY opinion based on my years of experience playing, coaching, and watching.  You are not going to change it no matter how many times you call me dumb, biased, etc...  You can think he is elite and it doesn't bother me one bit.

As far as the being "funny by bashing the people who are opposing stupid logic....," is it really bashing to say I wish we could have good discussions without the name calling and insults?  A lot of times if I read something I may think is a "stupid argument," I just read it and move on.  If I do comment, I offer my view or opinion without resorting to insults.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Green is great-but is he really ELITE? - PApinhead - 09-15-2015, 10:09 AM