Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green is great-but is he really ELITE?
(09-15-2015, 10:02 AM)jj22 Wrote: Some posters can dish it out, but can't take it when it comes to their favorite players. Like most people said, Greens issues aren't a secret around the league. Even on Mike and Mike this morning they said Green "drops the ball a lot" but is still a good receiver (while discussing what Eifert brings to the Offense, "elite hands" that Dalton can rely on).

Weren't you just crying like a little baby in the other thread claiming that people "ignore" everything other QBs do but bash Andy for it? Sooo, you're essentially doing the same thing here, right? You're ignoring what receivers around the league do so you can cry and whine about what A.J. does wrong, or supposedly does wrong I should say. Via OrlandoBengal, here are some numbers for drop rates since A.J. has been in the league compared to his elite peers. Looks like you need to stop "ignoring" reality.

The only thing unacceptable about Green's drop rate is in 2015 he has a drop on only around 8 targets. If he continues that pace, then I'll be the first in line to complain!

2014:

Dez 3.7
Julion 3.1
Jordy 2.7
Calvin 2.3
AJ 1.7

2013:
Calvin 5.1
AJ 3.9
Dez 3.8
Julio 3.3
Jordy 2.4

2012:
Jordy 8.2
Dez 6.5
Julio 6.2
AJ 5.5
Calvin 5.4

2011:
Julio 6.3
Calvin 3.8
AJ 2.6
Jordy 2.1
Dez 1.9

(09-15-2015, 10:09 AM)PApinhead Wrote: Really?  Some of us do give good arguments, but just because you don't agree with what we say, you say people "are either dumb, biased, or don't watch football outside of Cincinnati...."  I watch a lot of football, as much as I can, which is probably more than some, and probably a little less than others.  I watch on TV, in the stands, and on the sidelines, so I don't want to hear about not watching it outside of Cincinnati.

AJ is a great receiver on my favorite team.  I wish I could say he is the best receiver in the NFL, but I am not biased and don't think he is.  As stated earlier, I think he is close to being elite, but not quite.  Again, I am not just using the drops in my assessment.  I am using the drops, the times when he doesn't seem to fight for the ball, the routes he sometimes runs.  I know the "elite" do that too, but AJ just seems to do it a little more often than them.  This is MY opinion based on my years of experience playing, coaching, and watching.  You are not going to change it no matter how many times you call me dumb, biased, etc...  You can think he is elite and it doesn't bother me one bit.

As far as the being "funny by bashing the people who are opposing stupid logic....," is it really bashing to say I wish we could have good discussions without the name calling and insults?  A lot of times if I read something I may think is a "stupid argument," I just read it and move on.  If I do comment, I offer my view or opinion without resorting to insults.

I think you took more of that post to be directed at you than it was supposed to be. I wasn't referring to you not watching other teams play and I'm certainly willing to entertain legitimate arguments if you have put them out there.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Green is great-but is he really ELITE? - djs7685 - 09-15-2015, 10:13 AM