Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN - Troy Blackburn comments on Bobby Hart signing
(03-28-2019, 02:47 PM)Synric Wrote: He is right they couldn't go into the draft with only Cordy Glenn and practice squad Kent Perkins as the only tackles under contract. If they missed out on a tackle early then they would be in a worse position than before the draft. I see Hart as security going into the draft.

Harts contract also allowed them to resign alot of their guys they wouldnt have been able to with a huge contract OT. I see it as essentially a 2 year front loaded contract that the cap hit is around 5 mil both years and can cut very easily.

As for people talking Donald Penn he was cut well after FA started and no one is looking at him I'm guessing do to age and injury.

And that's true, but the criticism for Hart was primarily around the money given, not him coming back.
Seemed the Bengals panicked and gave Hart (much) more than what he probably deserved in fear of losing him and not having a RT to fill that gap (even though there were and still are plenty of other mediocre-to-bad OTs still available).

But hey, this is now the perfect opportunity for the Bengals to really turn Hart into a good RT and prove everyone wrong. If he sucks again though, they'll definitely be hearing about it from the fans. 
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN - Troy Blackburn comments on Bobby Hart signing - ochocincos - 03-28-2019, 02:55 PM