Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN - Troy Blackburn comments on Bobby Hart signing
(03-28-2019, 02:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You won't like what Troy had to say...
http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41059312-4

What this really tells me is that Troy confirmed the Bengals go to the NFL equivalent of Wal Mart to get their FAs. They don't shop at the high-end name brand stores. No wonder they can't find anything nice.  Smirk

I've now come to the conclusion that Troy Blackburn is an idiot. Katie married someone just like her father.

Dear Troy,

People did not dislike the signing of Hart because he was signed. Everyone more or less expected that he would be signed as a backup.

What people didn't like it the team giving one of the worst RTs in the league such a big contract. For a front office that preaches fruggleness, it was a pretty shocking contract amount.

And, since when was Hart or a 3rd round pick the only options for the team at RT?

The only job the front office has is to get the best talent possible on the team while staying within the salary cap.

That's basically one sentence which clearly delineates the entire job of the front office. Some of the talent is going to come from the draft, some from free agents who are looking for a team to play for.

But, I will admit that the Hart signing was a lot better than if the team had re-signed Ogbuehi, although I'm convinced the team considered it.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN - Troy Blackburn comments on Bobby Hart signing - BengalChris - 03-28-2019, 07:22 PM