Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN - Troy Blackburn comments on Bobby Hart signing
(03-29-2019, 10:07 AM)Synric Wrote: The Cleveland Browns signed Chris Hubbard last year for 5 years 36.5 he will have a 7+mil cap hit this year. They resigned Greg Robinson for 1 year 7+mil which is the cap hit also...Neither of these guys were very good. I know someone will say their line ranked high in the pff rankings but that was due to the scores of their interior players which they traded one.

We complain about Bobby Hart but his contract is actually better than both of those. By giving him a 3 year deal the Bengals were able to spread out the cap hits and kept the dead cap down if they choose to move on from him in 2020 at 2m(1m if designated after June 1st cut) and 2021 at 1m (500k June 1st cut).

The money is not what people should be complaining about...

Just because Bobby Hart was signed to a lesser cap hit than Greg Robinson doesn't mean the signing was good. A "satisfactory" signing for Bobby Hart would have been in the realm of $3.5 mill a year or less, preferably just a one-year deal. The reduced cap hit this year isn't really that big of a deal since the team is still holding onto $25 mill in cap space for 2019. 

I think you are giving the Bengals the benefit of the doubt that they would cut Hart after this season if he doesn't perform well, which goes against their typical mode of operation. But I guess we'll see.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN - Troy Blackburn comments on Bobby Hart signing - ochocincos - 03-29-2019, 10:30 AM