Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN - Troy Blackburn comments on Bobby Hart signing
(03-28-2019, 07:22 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I've now come to the conclusion that Troy Blackburn is an idiot. Katie married someone just like her father.

Dear Troy,

People did not dislike the signing of Hart because he was signed. Everyone more or less expected that he would be signed as a backup.

What people didn't like it the team giving one of the worst RTs in the league such a big contract. For a front office that preaches fruggleness, it was a pretty shocking contract amount.

And, since when was Hart or a 3rd round pick the only options for the team at RT?

The only job the front office has is to get the best talent possible on the team while staying within the salary cap.

That's basically one sentence which clearly delineates the entire job of the front office. Some of the talent is going to come from the draft, some from free agents who are looking for a team to play for.

But, I will admit that the Hart signing was a lot better than if the team had re-signed Ogbuehi, although I'm convinced the team considered it.

Right on.....but about that 3rd round part, I think he meant something like "are you willing to leverage the position on a 3rd round rookie, or Bobby Hart?"  On the surface, it sounds like the 3rd round would be the first time they are willing to look at OT prospects, but I don't think, or certainly hope not, that is their philosophy.  You don't want to tip your hand about your draft plan.....and RT does not get the glory and draft positioning of LT.  

Let us not forget, signing Hart left money on the table for Eifert and Dennard.  If we overspend on Brown or the kid out of Miami (name escapes me at the moment), we probably don't sign one of those two players.

Make no bones about it, we are STILL suffering from the Ole'hi and Fisher picks.  

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN - Troy Blackburn comments on Bobby Hart signing - Wyche'sWarrior - 03-29-2019, 10:41 AM