Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN - Troy Blackburn comments on Bobby Hart signing
(03-29-2019, 10:33 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's all fair analysis.

Draft analysis isn't as easy as great drafting or poor drafting. Even bad front offices will occasionally draft some good players. It's consistency.

On a team, even bad teams...there are going to be some guys that put up decent stats. But, the challenge is getting enough talent to hit that tipping point to be one of the best teams in the league.

Out of the last 27 years, I'd say we had rosters that I felt were good enough to win in the playoffs 2-3 times. That is VERY low.

I would say that we should have made several playoff runs during the Marvin era based on talent.  The offense was absolutely loaded in the mid-late '00's.  You had Palmer, Chad, TJ, Henry, Rudi, that ridiculous OL, Reggie Kelly was basically an extra T he was so good at blocking.  Brat was a HORRIBLE OC, though.  He even said in an interview after he retired that everybody knew their playcalls but teams just didn't have enough talent to stop them. That group could have done a lot more with even a decent OC.  We definitely should have beaten SD and we should have beaten Pittsburgh if guys could have kept their heads on straight.  

The Og/Fisher draft was a disaster and created an avalanche of problems.  It also seemed that after Jay and Zim left town that the team struggled to find star players in the draft.  They drafted a ton of guys who are good enough to make rosters, but not guys that are going to be franchise cornerstones.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN - Troy Blackburn comments on Bobby Hart signing - Whatever - 03-29-2019, 12:32 PM