Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN - Troy Blackburn comments on Bobby Hart signing
(03-29-2019, 02:01 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'm certainly not defending his play.....I didn't like him at FSU.

That said, I realize how bad a shape we were in going into FA at the T position.  We had Glenn, and Perkins.  That's it.  The way I read this is like this:  they overpaid a bit, but not as much as people think due to the market established, and the new cap.  I'll say they probably DID panic a bit.  That said, I'm not sure I blame them....the FA T class was not very good to start with.  They know what they have in Hart, and will try to upgrade in the draft or possibly on the waiver wire.  They could have gotten another player that was marginally better for more money, missed on Dennard or Eifert as a result, and then said FA comes in and goes all Albert Haynesworth and then you're ******.

The way it was, you overpay even more for a marginally better prospect, lose an internal FA, or you roll with Ced O on the roster in place of Hart.  I could be missing something....but I don't see any All Pro FA RT signed this offseason.  As I keep mentioning, Piano Man FUBARed us much more than people realize.  That idiot set this position group back a good four years with his incompetence.  With the way tackles are coming out of college so ill-prepared, you aren't seeing a lot of good tackles out there in FA these days.  If they're good, teams are paying to keep them.....well, besides us. LMAO

Valid point on the thin market, but IIRC, Hart is now the 8th best paid RT for 2019? We overpaid because we had to have somebody. Seems Hart's agent took them to the woodshed knowing that.. even with no one else coming after him. So I do think we overpaid a bit, and I also think 3 years was excessive. 

I wanted Hart back as backup/insurance, but man did we pay a premium. Whit's Rams deal looks like an absolute bargain in comparison.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN - Troy Blackburn comments on Bobby Hart signing - Shake n Blake - 03-29-2019, 02:49 PM