Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN - Troy Blackburn comments on Bobby Hart signing
(03-29-2019, 02:55 PM)Wyche Wrote: No argument here.....although I think we'll see that 8th or 9th best paid RT drop way down when the next round of deals for them come out....

Definitely not quite sure why they felt the need to go at it with 3 years, but there are outs in the contract....and maybe they see something we don't?  They must have better glasses. Cool

It will look "slightly" better after this first year. His pay goes down some after that, and I'm sure salaries will go up overall. It's just man...Bobby Hart? The only reason we don't hate this guy is because he's not Ogbuehi.

This is the guy who will be paid like a good RT in 2019, and he'll probably be around for 3 years. Possibly starting for a good chunk of that. As someone who values line play (you do too) I'm not happy.

(03-29-2019, 03:38 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: There are only 8 RTs making more than 5.1 mil a year? (not including all of the incentives because he absolutely won't hit them and thus, its moot).

Super undervalued position, if you ask me.

Pretty sure that ranking is based on his 2019 salary compared to other right tackles. Not his average for the 3 years. The last 2 years are more reasonable. It's the first year that's pretty out of whack.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN - Troy Blackburn comments on Bobby Hart signing - Shake n Blake - 03-29-2019, 04:09 PM