Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN - Troy Blackburn comments on Bobby Hart signing
(03-30-2019, 10:39 AM)OSUfan Wrote: Then you could have reading comprehension issues. What he stated is reality. Sure they could have not signed Hart and gambled that they could draft a guy that walks in day 1 and is a starter. Is that a guarantee? Nope sure is not. The reality is that even if they do draft a guy and he starts that injuries also occur. So if Hart is not starting then you have an experienced vet on the bench at the least.

Okay so they do not sign Hart. What is your answer to the situation? Your answer will be a free agent I am sure so who and for how much?

You must have misinterpreted my “what this really tells me” as fully serious, whereas I was somewhat joking, which i thought was obvious by the smirk emoji. I know they don’t literally “shop at WalMart,” but I do think they overrate their players and re-sign them to poor deals (eg Maualuga a few years ago).

But to answer your question:
- I didn’t think James would have become highest paid RT in the league, but I would have been fine if the Bengals signed him up to $10 mill a year. Since he got more than that, obviously that wouldn’t have worked.
- I would have looked to sign Daryl Williams, Jared Veldheer, Donald Penn, or even Andre Smith instead of Bobby Hart. Hart may have been ok in run blocking but he was putrid in pass blocking. All of those guys I mentioned have had more success than Hart.
- If I were to have re-signed Hart, I wouldn’t have gone over 3 years, $10 mill ($3.33 mill/year). I don’t think his performance last year warranted as high of a pay jump that he got, and I would have allowed him to walk if he got a better deal elsewhere.
- I would have had no problem drafting an OT to start immediately in Hart’s place. I think any of Williams, Taylor, Ford, Risner, or McGary could play that position solid-or-better as a rookie. Could that pick also perform poorly? Sure, but it’d be cheaper than what Bobby Hart will be making. They still could do this, and I hope they do, but the amount of money they are giving Hart makes me think he will be the starter regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
ESPN - Troy Blackburn comments on Bobby Hart signing - ochocincos - 03-30-2019, 09:11 PM