Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN - Troy Blackburn comments on Bobby Hart signing
(03-31-2019, 11:54 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I'm just gonna leave this here...

Cincinnati Bengals offensive tackle Bobby Hart has never ranked higher than 70th among qualified players at his position, according to Pro Football Focus. The 2015 seventh-round pick struggled throughout his three seasons with the New York Giants, and he was no better in Cincinnati in 2018.

But as free agency got underway, the Bengals inexplicably signed the 24-year-old to a contract that pays him $5.4 million per season over the next three years.

From their site (PFF): 

2018 PFF Grades

Offense
#69 T
Run Block

Pass Block

There were little "trophies" next to run block and pass block, but I don't really know what those mean.  56.2 rating in THEIR SYSTEM says "average".  And again, might have been ranked #69 overall in tackles, but still gets a rating of average.  It was his first year with our team.  He was next to an undrafted rookie.  He is just 24 years old today.  

You seem to completely ignore the Andrew Whitworth reference and his early struggles and the fact that he wasn't a full-time tackle until his FOURTH year in the league, when he was 29 years old.  

I am not ready to send Hart to the Pro BowlHilarious but I am willing to give him a shot as he was an upgrade over Fisher and Ced and he has potential to improve and help our team.  

I'm sure the folks that wrote that article weren't complaining about him when the Bengals were 4-1.  

Elite

High Quality

Good

Above Average

Average

Below Average

Poor

Rookie

Limited Information
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN - Troy Blackburn comments on Bobby Hart signing - SHRacerX - 03-31-2019, 12:36 PM