Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest First Pick Simulator
(03-29-2019, 11:49 AM)OSUfan Wrote: While this is not the highest scoring First Pick Mock I have done I do think it may be one of the best when it comes to overall value for the franchise when you look at immediate impact as well as future consideration.

1st Round-11th Selection

[Image: usa_today_11341041.0.jpg]

Jawaan Taylor - 6'5" 312 - OT - Florida:

Meet the starting RT for the next 10 years. Taylor has Willie Anderson ability with more athleticism. When you watch film on him you will see some poor technique at times but what you will also see is him able to flat stonewall defenders even when using poor technique. He is an absolute bull. He has handle every rusher that the SEC could throw at him.

2nd Round-10th selection:

[Image: usatsi_11343458.jpg?width=540&height=405...5&fit=crop]

Dexter Lawrence - 6'4" 342 - DT - Clemson:

Geno's new running mate. The guy that is going to eat up blocks and allow Geno to do his thing. Very athletic for a man this size and absolute brute strength. Excellent length to keep blockers from latching on to him. Run stuffer with the ability to push the pocket in the passing game. Will be a great compliment to what we have with Geno. Immediate starter.

Round 3 - 8th Selection:

[Image: usa_today_10514416.0.jpg]

Chris Lindstrom - 6'4" 308 - OG - Boston College:

Day 1 starter at RG. To find fault in the game of Lindstrom takes serious nitpicking. He is just an all around extremely good prospect. Could man the RG spot next to Taylor for the next 10 years as well. Extremely athletic and a pure technician. Not an absolute brute but a force in the run game at any rate. Gets off first block and explodes to the second level for his next block. Doubt he will be here at this point as I do not see him making it out of the second round but if he is you absolutely take him.

Round 4 - 8th Selection:

[Image: 9028990.png?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offs...height=320]

Lonnie Johnson Jr. - 6'2" 213 - CB - Kentucky:

Elite size, speed, length combination. Will need to listen to NFL coaching and hone his technique but if he does this could be an absolute NFL difference maker. I think he is a guy as well that could transition to a hybrid LB/S position as well. Has the frame to carry more mass without losing speed or quickness. Not at all a sure thing but check a lot of boxes. Can he take coaching and reach his potential?

Round 5 - 11th selection:

[Image: 5c2c3a0947894.image.jpg?resize=400%2C267]

Elijah Holyfield - 5'10" 217 - RB - Georgia:

When I watch Holyfield he reminds me of another SEC RB we had in Rudi Johnson. Just a physical all around good back. Not a burner but a guy that is going to get tough yards and good hands as a receiver. Durable and a class young man. Will be a very good fit as a rotational back to spell Mixon and a good short yardage guy.

Round 6 - 10th Selection:

[Image: 5c79c78402818.image.jpg?resize=400%2C497]

Miles Boykin - 6'4" 220 - WR - Notre Dame:

Will he still be on the boards? I doubt it. Someone may very well gamble on his monstrous size and athleticism before this point. However, if he is still here then there is no way to pass on the potential of this young man. Yes he is inconsistent and yes he needs to clean up areas of his game and become a better route runner. These are all coachable areas. What he does have in huge amounts are the things that you cannot coach. Legit freak speed and size combination. Huge catch radius. Game breaking skills.

Round 6 - 25th Selection:

[Image: JOHNSON_Isaiah_Tulane_03.jpg]

Isaiah Johnson - 6'2" 208 - CB - Houston:

I like this selection as well as any outside of the Jawaan Taylor selection. I think Johnson is going to be a great CB in the NFL. His first two collegiate seasons were spent as a WR and has shown great strides in a short period of time in making the transition to boundary corner. Another guy that has elite size, speed, length combination. Making the strides he has already in changing positions shows that he is coachable. Seems to be a very high character kid as well.

Could the future hold another Johnson & Johnson for the Cincinnati region?

6th Round - 37th Selection:

[Image: 11308467.jpeg]

Dontavius Russell - 6'3" 319 - DT - Auburn:

Russell is just a solid all around DT prospect. Will need to play with better pad level at the NFL level but has been productive at a major program. Will be an outstanding addition to the rotation of our defensive front.

Round 6 - 38th Selection:

[Image: 1537056298-Houston-Texas-Tech-Football.j...C576&ssl=1]

Antoine Wesley - 6'4" 206 - WR - Texas Tech:

While he does not have game breaking speed what he does have is rare ball skills and very polished route running. Outstanding catch radius and elite hands. Even though he has not shown outstanding speed what he has shown is the ability to separate from close coverage and provide a throwing window for his QB. I believe he will make a roster and not a practice squad.

6th Round - 40th Selection:

[Image: duke-linebacker-joe-giles-harris-44-duri...K7RDN1.jpg]

Joe Giles-Harris - 6'2" 234 - LB - Duke:

While I would have liked to have addressed LB prior to this selection I was not going to pass on better value and higher ceiling for player position. There are LBs I really like in this draft but was not going to reach or overdraft to get one of them.

With that said I really like the selection of Giles-Harris and I see a Vinny Rey LB with more athleticism and cover ability. It would not shock me at all to see Giles-Harris making an immediate impact for this defense and would not be shocked if he was the starting WLB.

Round 7 - 9th Selection:

[Image: img_9706857.jpg]

Tommy Sweeney - 6'4" 251 - TE - Boston College:

Will need to get stronger but is a reliable receiver that understands how to use his body in the passing game. Willing and in line blocker but will need to add more strength at the NFL level to continue to be effective in this area.

And there you have it!

I don't see any way Lindstrom is there in Rd 3, but stranger things have happened at the Guard spot.  Some go WAY early and some years they slide.  

I would have preferred they draft the speedy David Long Jr out of WVU to be our sideline to sideline burner in the middle of the field, but I absolutely love the first two picks.  Both scream "can't miss" and address both lines in their biggest point of weakness. 

If the Bengals were still able to sign a veteran FA LB before this draft (or I guess, after) I would be ecstatic.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Latest First Pick Simulator - OSUfan - 03-29-2019, 11:49 AM
RE: Latest First Pick Simulator - OSUfan - 03-29-2019, 03:47 PM
RE: Latest First Pick Simulator - OSUfan - 03-30-2019, 09:36 AM
RE: Latest First Pick Simulator - OSUfan - 03-30-2019, 03:49 PM
RE: Latest First Pick Simulator - SHRacerX - 04-03-2019, 07:59 AM
RE: Latest First Pick Simulator - SHRacerX - 04-04-2019, 07:20 AM
RE: Latest First Pick Simulator - OSUfan - 04-04-2019, 03:17 PM
RE: Latest First Pick Simulator - bonesaw - 03-30-2019, 06:17 PM
RE: Latest First Pick Simulator - SHRacerX - 04-03-2019, 07:57 AM