Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Projected Win Totals (before draft)
(03-31-2019, 07:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I never bought the injury excuse last year. We won a few games by the skin of our teeth. The main reasons we lost was terrible defense (which was awful before injuries) and poor pass blocking. Hopefully Zac Taylor makes a big difference because our defensive personnel is probably worse.

That's where I'm at.

The offense SHOULD be ok. Why I say should is 2 years ago the offensive line totally derailed it. This past year, they looked really good while healthy.

The defense though, I don't see how it has improved. Is a healthy Preston Brown what improves it? Brown is mainly a run stuffer. His pass coverage is improving, but I don't see him making our LB group that much better. We still need a 3rd starter too.

Basically it boils down to hoping that largely the same roster plays much better next year than they did this past season. Injuries were some of the issues. Just having bad starters was another. For instance, a guy like Cordy Glenn underperformed. Yeah he was injured. Well he was injured each of the past 3 years. He'll likely be injured this upcoming season too at some point.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL Projected Win Totals (before draft) - THE PISTONS - 03-31-2019, 08:00 PM