Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Can Zac Taylor change the culture here ?
(04-03-2019, 10:53 PM)XsandOs Wrote: I have always liked two back sets. With a TE that is a pass catching threat, a two back set can be virtually indefensible - especially if both backs can catch.

You get 5 receiving options with the luxury of three serving as blockers if needed.

Bernard on a wheel route on any LB is a mismatch. Eifert on a LB is win.

If they counter with three safeties, you bludgeon them with runs up the gut.

When you look at the skill offensive positions on this Team, it's scary. Obviously none of it matters if the line can't block, but I think this unit will benefit from having been together for one year.

Well said, and I agree with all of this.  It seems our last 2 OCs forgot that we could use Gio and Mixon together.  They downright forgot Gio was on the team last season after Mixon came back from injury.  Remember the two games that featured Bernard?  It's not like he forgot how to play.  It boggles the mind to think about how underutilized he was.

This is where improved coaching could indeed turn this around rather quickly, regardless of what people want to believe.  If the line improves even a little bit, these skill players could be very dangerous with quality playcalling and personnel utilization.  We just gotta hope that ZT and staff brings this to the table.  I honestly feel like that will indeed be the case on offense.....kinda concerned on D, but we will see.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can Zac Taylor change the culture here ? - Wyche'sWarrior - 04-04-2019, 09:21 AM