Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shocked and dismayed with "gay" remarks on this site
(04-16-2019, 10:15 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't know man, that's a lot of dependent variables and requires a bit of supposition to meet the criteria.  I mean Facebook is just an entity, like a rock or a milk jug, it has no masculine of feminine definition.

Yeah, I could go into a long discussion about how most people view things as either masculine or feminine and all that, but I won't bother. Suffice it to say that while you may not see it in this way, there are a lot of people that do. Being mindful of the impact your words have on others can help produce better dialogue all around.

(04-16-2019, 10:26 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Jesus that was a lot of words to say Cincinnatians are a bunch of yokels. LOL

I live inside city limits and have a herd of deer that live in my backyard. No more yokel than me! LOL

(04-16-2019, 10:26 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I think Matt said it well. I have noticed the things mentioned I just wasn't sure how offensive it was considered.

It's one of those things that a lot of people just aren't tuned into. It's why it's important to have these conversations in a way that recognizes most of these occurrences aren't done with malicious intent, which is I think where a lot of the animosity comes from with the anti-PC culture. It's been approached in a poor way.

(04-16-2019, 10:36 AM)Au165 Wrote: Again, misogynistic sure, homophobic no. I have seen women told to "suck a bag of D's" before. The idea is it is derogatory, similar to saying "kiss my ass", but implying it is homophobic without any additional context to the comment is interjecting meaning to something that isn't there. 

That would be why I mentioned context that would be required to consider it homophobic.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shocked and dismayed with "gay" remarks on this site - Belsnickel - 04-16-2019, 11:57 AM