Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Can the Bengals compete in the AFCN
(04-13-2019, 11:36 PM)NKURyan Wrote: They whipped Cincinnati's ass... with Jeff Driskel at QB. Not sure that's anything for them to hang their hats on.

I think Cleveland is obviously set up well, I just need to see it first. They didn't beat anyone last year, they haven't posted a winning season in 12 years, and if having a young inexperienced HC is a negative for the Bengals it is for the Browns too. There's going to be a ton of pressure on the Browns this year... can they handle it? We shall see.

The Browns are an interesting case.  Sure, they've been bad for a long-ass time, but they fired their crappy, me-first coaches and they've done a lot to build through the draft AND they brought in some FA muscle to fill some gaps.  If they did these things and they still stink, you can't blame them for trying I guess.

I will say it's interesting how the people who aren't high on the Browns have just changed their tune from "They've got zero talent!" to "They've got too many big personalities" or something to that effect.  It just comes down to the conclusion that the Browns are going to fail, they're just going to fail in a different way this year.  And they beat us twice but it doesn't count.

Ida know.  Again, I'm not betting on the Browns, but in 2011 we beat one team with a winning record and it was apparently the start of a golden age of Bengals football.  The Browns beat one team with a winning record and we're waiting for them to go 3-13 again.  They're the Browns, they've earned the skepticism for sure.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can the Bengals compete in the AFCN - Nately120 - 04-13-2019, 11:50 PM