Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Can the Bengals compete in the AFCN
(04-13-2019, 11:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The Browns are an interesting case.  Sure, they've been bad for a long-ass time, but they fired their crappy, me-first coaches and they've done a lot to build through the draft AND they brought in some FA muscle to fill some gaps.  If they did these things and they still stink, you can't blame them for trying I guess.

I will say it's interesting how the people who aren't high on the Browns have just changed their tune from "They've got zero talent!" to "They've got too many big personalities" or something to that effect.  It just comes down to the conclusion that the Browns are going to fail, they're just going to fail in a different way this year.  And they beat us twice but it doesn't count.

Ida know.  Again, I'm not betting on the Browns, but in 2011 we beat one team with a winning record and it was apparently the start of a golden age of Bengals football.  The Browns beat one team with a winning record and we're waiting for them to go 3-13 again.  They're the Browns, they've earned the skepticism for sure.

Basically I believe if they can't be winners with this team going into this season...  then they are cursed.

It would take major injuries, coaching faux pas, chemistry clashes, and Mayfield to suck his sophomore season.

Those all could happen, but the odds are stacked in their favor it won't.

I'm not ready to say that they'll even win the division but it's highly likely they'll at least beat our team once.

Hell they've split us before with worse teams.  To say that they could beat the Bengals twice wouldn't be that much of a stretch.

The Stains have had a couple of seasons where they easily could've been above .500 record if for not folding in waning moments of games.

Perhaps they get over the hump like when Marvin took the helm.  Is it really that far fetched?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can the Bengals compete in the AFCN - BengalsRocker - 04-14-2019, 10:02 AM