Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking of living another 30 years?
(04-07-2019, 10:51 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Keep in mind that Science is also working hard at developing stronger and more effective treatments, at the same time.  I'd say that by 2050, medicine will have caught back up.

Medical research has never been so expensive as it is now and new medications are becoming more expensive. Call me skeptical, but if millions begin falling like flies any new cure is going to skyrocket in price so ONLY the richest among us will be able to afford them....unless governments come to their senses and decide that profiteering on the only medicine to stop it will become nationalized or even internationalized..  Human evolution probably won't be able to keep up with the pace of bacterial or viral evolution.
On the other hand perhaps IF millions begin dropping we may see the biggest riots in human history to overthrow the pharmaceutical companies. Governments would be forced to act at that point.
Gee, apocalyptic scenarios sure are fun to think about, huh?  On the bright side I have NO intention of living into my 90s..My 80s are really pushing it as is. For the past 20 years I've pretty much been the primary caregiver for elderly folks, my dad and his wife and before that a good friend in her late 80s.. At 60 in July I'm thinking 20 more years will be my max and if I'm still ticking when this possible apocalyptic stuff happens I'm checking out on my own terms.. A nice OD of a lethal dose to permanent Z's has some appeal if push comes to shove.  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thinking of living another 30 years? - grampahol - 04-08-2019, 10:02 PM