Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals history of making lemonade out of lemons
(04-08-2019, 03:49 PM)3wt Wrote: I mean I think they do have a strategy:  sign reasonably priced free agents - focusing on our own players - to ensure freedom in drafting the best player available in the draft.

And their past demonstrates that can work, but their recent past has not been very successful in either strategy.

And, as Fred said, the track we took this year in free agency has been very discouraging based on who we signed for how much.

The only smidgen of hope I have is that both Pollack and Turner seem to think there's a significant upside with Hart that is going to imminently emerge.

Boy I hope they're right - and that they are able to balance our needs and the talent available in the draft - hopefully with some late round gems.

We'll see.   But my son has been the easy going optimist with me being the pessimist.    And he's more the pessimist this go round.

That strategy of theirs has produced fairly consistent mediocrity. I’m hoping that the Taylor regime has their sights set a bit higher than that.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals history of making lemonade out of lemons - HuDey - 04-08-2019, 07:41 PM