Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the pitching woes finally over ?
The pitching has definitely improved. I am enjoying the hell out of watching Gray, Castillo and Mahle.

Roark is a bit concerning to me. Disco is also a bit concerning, as he was batted around quite a bit in his last start.

But overall, I'm very pleased. There are no Homer Baileys on this pitching staff, which is a blessing.

In addition, Garrett looks great out of the bullpen. Stephenson has had a few really nice outings. Iglesias is beginning to turn it around. I think Hughes and Hernandez are kind of transforming back into what they've been for most of their careers, which are "decent pitchers," though it was unrealistic to expect them to continue pitching at a sub 2.00 ERA level. Hernandez has had a rough start, but he's been decent his entire career, so I think he'll eventually return to that mark of ~4.00 ERA.

The one player I am concerned about is Zach Duke. He didn't have a good spring, and he is not having a good season so far. We'll see if he doesn't get replaced by Reed at some point this season.

I think our pitching is more than sufficient to win games. I think when Wood comes back, we'll have 6 strong starting pitchers (not sure who would take the bench. Right now I'm leaning towards Disco or maybe Roark if he doesn't improve soon)

The only thing left to happen is our offense to wake up and we'll be golden!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are the pitching woes finally over ? - CJD - 04-11-2019, 09:24 AM