Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the pitching woes finally over ?
There's definitely some good and some bad. There always is, but for now the good is outweighing the bad. One issue bugging me is the hitting.. They all seem to be decent at hitting the fastball, but God help them if the opposing pitchers throw breaking pitches or any kind of off speed changeup or sinking pitches. 
Last night Richards was throwing a ton of offspeed stuff and Reds bats couldn't hit it to save their lives. The moment the Marlins brought in their fastball throwing Stekenrider I knew we had a chance. They can hit the fastball with the best of them. Why any team would tot out a fastball pitcher without a decent changeup is a real head scratcher. They just can't touch a changeup pitch.
Another issue bugging me is the seemingly complete lack of hitting fundamentals. Can't lay down a bunt to save their lives. Can anyone slide to avoid a tag? Until last night the Reds hadn't had a single successful sacrifice bunt until Mahle finally did it. This stuff is mind numbing.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are the pitching woes finally over ? - grampahol - 04-11-2019, 12:35 PM