Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals 1st Week Of Practice Like O Line Changes
(04-14-2019, 11:31 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Too bad the "new" approach to free agency was even worse than the old.

Hope all the other "new" stuff is better.

Agreed. I loved the Taylor signing, but everything since has kinda taken away from that excitement. The Bengals really had a big opportunity to change the culture and some perceptions, but it doesn't seem like they're willing to change their methods. 

I'm still looking forward to seeing what Taylor brings (and the new staff - despite their unimpressive resumes). I like that the staff is following successful trends, like having an offensive minded HC calling plays while the "offensive coordinator" acts in a different manner.

Just wish this FO was more willing to change themselves to help Taylor and co be in a better position to be successful immediately. Instead, this FA was worse than standard fare...even by Bengals standards.

At this point, we just have to hope that a regime change has a major impact (which is possible if Taylor winds up a diamond) and we hit on some major needs in the draft.

All coaches need players. Marvin couldn't even win regular season 1pm games without it. Sean McVay saw a weakness in the Rams o-line and the Rams addressed it with Whitworth. We addressed it with Hart and Miller. Obviously there's quite a difference there.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals 1st Week Of Practice Like O Line Changes - Shake n Blake - 04-14-2019, 04:43 PM