Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals 1st Week Of Practice Like O Line Changes
(04-14-2019, 05:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Fair enough. Here's a list of guys who made the top 100 free agents on nfl.com. Hart and Miller were nowhere to be seen on the list.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001018706/article/2019-nfl-free-agency-updated-top-101-nfl-free-agents

Daryl Williams - 1 year/$7 million - all-pro in 2017

Rodger Saffold - 4 years/$44 million - some will say this is too much, but looking at the rising costs of o-linemen or even looking at what we paid for Hart and Miller, this contract looks downright fair. And you're getting a great player.

DJ Fluker - 2 years/$9 million - the guy performed in Seattle. Better than Hart and cheaper to boot. 

James Carpenter - 4 years/$21 million - again, probably better than what we got.

Ja'Wuan James - 4 years/$51 million - it's a pretty big contract, but substantially less than Trent Brown. Do we want a good line or not? The Rams gave whit a big contract. We sat on the sidelines.

Okay this is better because it is specific. I will note that it is a weak crop. James is middling at best and got crazy money precisely because the market was so thin. I agree I would have preferred getting someone like Williams or Fluker than keeping Hart even after we learned the contract was not as rich as originally advertised but even there they basically are journeymen. If the plan is to take OL high (as in Rds 1 or 2) then they may reason that bringing in such players is needless. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals 1st Week Of Practice Like O Line Changes - Joelist - 04-14-2019, 06:46 PM