Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals 1st Week Of Practice Like O Line Changes
(04-15-2019, 05:15 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Players make schemes look good or bad. Coaches can only make mediocre players look so good. My issue is the FO has not given the coaches enough OL talent to succeed in 2019, the same issues we had with 2018. Th team tried to address the OL with Glenn signing and then 1st round pick, but in the end, the OL just was not good enough to get it done. Yet, we are standing pat it appears in 2019 starting OL.

I think it’s goes both ways. If for example you run zone blocking with big, powerful but somewhat slower linemen you as the coach are setting them up to fail. If on the other hand you use a power scheme with directional driving you are giving them their best chance at success.

And yes, four of our starting linemen fit a power scheme better than a lateral zone scheme. It still puzzles me why after we let Lazor overrule Piano Man to get away from the lateral zones late in 2017 we went right back to them last year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals 1st Week Of Practice Like O Line Changes - Joelist - 04-15-2019, 07:31 PM