Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals 1st Week Of Practice Like O Line Changes
(04-15-2019, 12:45 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Fair points with most of this, but I still say it's discouraging to see this team sit on its hands when the o-line has been an issue 3 years running. If they didn't like the linemen in free agency, why not target a LB and free up the draft to shore up the line?

Imo, the lackadaisical free agency is indefensible. You're coming off of 3 straight losing seasons and working in a regime. Show them you're serious about winning and give them some talent to work with.

My personal feeling was that they should have addressed LB in FA, as that's where you're going to get your best bang for the buck.  I'm not really sure what the thought process is.  They could be seeing Brown as an add because he was basically hurt all of last year.  They may think they have plenty of good young talent with guys like Vigil, Jefferson, and Evans and they just weren't coached properly.  I don't think any of us thought Haslett was worth a crap.  Personally, I would have passed on reupping Dennard(we were already pretty set at CB after signing Webb) or Uzomah(it's a stacked TE draft class) and put that money towards a solid LB.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals 1st Week Of Practice Like O Line Changes - Whatever - 04-15-2019, 09:13 PM