Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals 1st Week Of Practice Like O Line Changes
(04-16-2019, 10:40 AM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: 1st... Its a passing league and if you were to stack any position... CB is one that is easily arguable. 

2nd... What other TE did we have? We let Kroft walk. Eifert was re-signed after Uzomah. And, honestly, Uzomah would be my 1st string TE in 2019. Keep Eifert as a passing TE in specific formations. Let Uzomah block. People forget the Rams use TEs as blockers more often then not. Getting rid of every TE meant we were start over with a 3rd or 4th round pick... or skip LB/OL early.

CJ Mosley would have been a great LB pick... $17 million a year. But there are 2 LBs in this draft that will cost less than that over 4 years.  With the 11th pick we can hopefully grab one of those LBs.  And there is a lot of OL in the draft (plus the Rams used a lot of TE blocking formations)...

*Fisher is a TE on the Bills this year, I wonder what his season will look like

Eifert was just testing the market, though.  This is a stacked TE class.  There are guys with potential future starter grades projected to go in 4-5.  Conversely, it's a weak LB class.  I'm much more confident in the ability to find a TE to split time with Eifert over a 3 down LB outside of 1.

Mosley is an elite MLB and got $17 mil a year.  Juwan James is an average starting RT and got $14 mil per year.  You could get a quality starter at LB for $7-9 mil this year.  I would rather have a T or DL on the relative cheap for the next 5 years than a LB. White and Bush are both overrated based on how bad this LB class is.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals 1st Week Of Practice Like O Line Changes - Whatever - 04-16-2019, 07:25 PM