Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you give for Russell?
(04-17-2019, 01:09 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Your choice to take the phrase "no offensive line" to mean someone suggested the team line up with 6 players is silly. I can only hope you knew the meaning behind the phrase, but who knows.  

Oh no, Wilson is so great he doesn't need an offensive line.  I said nonsense.  Then stats were thrown at me to prove he doesn't need an offensive line.   What is " silly" is saying he is so great he doesn't need an offensive line in any form of meaning.  We don't need Wilson.  Someday Bengals will replace Dalton, but I hope with a younger QB than Wilson.  The good thing is this trade will never happen and Wilson will never be a Bengal. Bengals need to fix the O Line because there are no gimmick ways to win without good blocking. 

I'm also paying respect to O Linemen. They only get their names called when they make a mistake. The other players get to do touchdown dances in the end zone as if they are such superstars. If it wasn't for blocking, no runners or receivers would ever get in the end zone. So, I'm giving some much needed respect to the O Line here. The idea that some players are so good that they don't need blocking is nonsense.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
What would you give for Russell? - bfine32 - 04-15-2019, 08:54 PM
RE: What would you give for Russell? - kevin - 04-17-2019, 01:21 AM