Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you give for Russell?
(04-17-2019, 01:04 AM)kevin Wrote: OK then.  No law says you need 11 players on the field.  You can't have over 11, but you can have under.   Lets see Russell Wilson walk up to the line with no O-Line players.  He just walks up and picks up the ball. I don't think you have to snap the ball.  He can just walk up all by his lonesome and pick up the ball and start the play that way in front of the defensive players.  Lets see how great he does.  We are told here that he is so great he doesn't need an offensive line.  Let's see him play a game then with no offensive line and see how great he does.  

Instead of trying to find ways to win without fixing the Bengals Offensive Line, why not fix the Bengals Offensive Line.  I remember Bengals drafting a running back saying he would make our lousy O-Line look good.  He got destroyed early in first preseason due to no blocking, Ki Jana Carter. So much for how QB's and RBs don't need blocking, that idea never works.  Another example is Knute Rockne saw the 4 horseman were getting swelled heads, so he started his worst O Line players. The 4 horseman did nothing the first half. Rockne at halftime let them know there is more to the team than just them at QB, RB, WR. Once he put starting O Line in second half, they came back and won. Bengals need to build a good O Line instead of looking for ways to win without one.

There is technically a rule for minimum players on offense. You have to have seven players lined up on the LOS for a legal snap, so you need at least eight players on the field.

That’s not your point, though, and I agree with what you’re saying. A fundamentally strong offensive line will help Dalton perform better and it will help a rookie/other QB play better. I am all for improving the trenches.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
What would you give for Russell? - bfine32 - 04-15-2019, 08:54 PM
RE: What would you give for Russell? - KillerGoose - 04-17-2019, 04:06 PM