Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How would you feel if Bengals used 2nd round pick on stiff competition for John Ross?
(04-16-2019, 12:03 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: As you kind of mentioned, I see the skill set of Campbell as very similar to Ross, but without the injury issues due to size. If they went that direction in the 2nd round, it likely means one of two things:

- They don't like John Ross as much as they said when they shot down the trade rumors and he's likely on the trade block.
- They plan to let one of Boyd or Green go after the season.

IF they traded down in the first, and IF they picked up an additional 2nd or 3rd rounder, I'd be more ok with the pick. I mentioned this in another thread, but the only positions I'd prefer to be off limits in the first 3/4 rounds is C, CB, and S. All other positions are either a weakness or there are upcoming expiring contracts/aging veterans.

As you seem to imply, this actually happening isn't that far fetched.

Say the Bengals address linebacker in round 1 with Devin Bush, are committed to the O-line they just spent some money on and they don't like the 2nd round tight ends, DTs/DEs more than the idea of taking a 4.31 speed wide receiver.

The reasons you mentioned plus the recent visit puts this in the realm of being a real possibility.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How would you feel if Bengals used 2nd round pick on stiff competition for John Ross? - depthchart - 04-16-2019, 12:34 PM