Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How would you feel if Bengals used 2nd round pick on stiff competition for John Ross?
(04-16-2019, 01:16 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I've considered the possibility of something similar to this in drafting Terry McLaurin in the 3rd round. 

I agree with everyone here saying they don't want WR in the first two rounds.  But I can almost guarantee one in the first four rounds.  We won't pay both Green and Boyd, and Ross has been a flop so far.

I don't follow the draft as much as I used to, but I still watch a lot of college football.  I really thought we were getting a steal in Josh Malone, but he has not developed at all.  I know it may take a player more than 2 years to reach his potential, but he should still show advancements from year one to two.  Malone actually went backwards.

Malone has good ball skills and athleticism.  He is big (6'3", 208) and he was the third fastest WR at the '17 combine (4.40).  His last season with the Vols was good ( 50 rec, 19.4 avg, 11 td), but they had a very simplistic passing game,  I really thought he would blossom in the NFL.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How would you feel if Bengals used 2nd round pick on stiff competition for John Ross? - fredtoast - 04-16-2019, 03:07 PM