Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Hoping Bengals New Coaches Have Say In Draft & Player Moves
Kevin,

You appear to be a cynic and well, I guess most of us are as well. The coach, on his own, should NOT be making the draft picks on his own (unless his name is Bill Belichick). The Bengals have , over the last 10 years, drafted fairly well. What they have not done well is coached up the young players and put forth a more 'modern' system of offense and defense. Hopefully ZT brings both of these to the team.

The other main failure of the team is not supplementing the roster via free agency or trades where there are gaps in depth or in the case of the OL and LB huge holes to fill. But this has nothing to do with the draft. Right now it is all about the draft and the OL and LB spots are huge needs, I am sure the team knows this but one never knows with Mikey.

The creation of a draft board has to be by informed consensus and at the end of the day, the accountability for the picks ride with one person. Others may pick or suggest a pick but someone is accountable. Not sure today if that is Mikey or Tobin.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm Hoping Bengals New Coaches Have Say In Draft & Player Moves - I_C_DeadPeople - 04-23-2019, 02:25 PM