Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome to the team, Jonah Williams!
(04-26-2019, 02:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Hart is the absolute worst starting Tackle in the NFL. Anytime he plays, you have the worst player out there. Even as a backup, if your starter goes down, you are putting a bad starter out there. Why not spend that money on an upgrade at another position?

Saffold or a LB would be who I would have spent the money on.

I would have then drafted 2 OT's and signed Andre Smith or Hart for like $2-3 million or less a year.

The way the draft is going, we might have been able to end up with Williams and Taylor or Ford.

It's easy to play pretend and say "oh yeah, I would've done this, this, this, and this", but there's no indication that any of these suggestions were even plausible. Maybe none of the FA linebackers were the slightest bit interested in joining such a bad unit. Maybe Saffold had no desire to come to Cincinnati. Maybe there actually WAS a market for Bobby Hart despite how hard people want to yell and scream that there wasn't.

We.
Don't.
Know.

And the worst thing you can do going into a draft is pigeonhole yourself in to taking one position, which is exactly what would've been the case had the Bengals not re-signed Hart. Bringing him back meant we could genuinely take a look at taking other positions instead of saying "OMG we must take an OT no matter what". The result of this is that a) we convinced the Steelers we were leaning LB strongly enough that they paid to move ahead of us and b) no other team who wanted Jonah Williams had any chance at jumping over us to get him because they all thought we'd take Bush and by the time the Steelers did it was too late.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Welcome to the team, Jonah Williams! - NKURyan - 04-26-2019, 03:02 PM