Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round 2 possibly 3 prospects
Basically anything that isn't a QB, K, P, FB, or LS I'd be fine with in round 2, including double dipping on the OL.

If Taylor or Ford are there go ahead and make that O-Line as deep as you can. Glenn and Boling, while not at the end of their careers, are getting up there (Boling, not Glenn, is our oldest O-Lineman by about 4 months). And as we've seen, good OL depth is invaluable. If they grab Ford and he sits a year, that's OK, but if something happens to either Boling or Miller it'd be a nice insurance policy to have. Same goes for Taylor, if he sits a year...fine. While taking T's in 1&2 will give most all of us PTSD flashbacks to Ogbuehi/Fisher, if it works this time they'd be set for a good long while. Plus I think Williams, Ford and Taylor are all better, more proven prospects than Ogbuehi or Fisher were.

If they take Irv Smith at TE, also fine with it, C.J.'s gotten better, but Smith'd likely be an upgrade at both blocking and receiving, and Eifert's health is at the absolute best a coin flip.

If for some reason Metcalf slipped to them at 10, I have no issue with taking a chance on him. Both, as mentioned by others before, as insurance should Boyd/A.J. not re-sign, or in case of injury. He can learn from one of the best in A.J., get eased in, and give the Bengals a legitimate 4 deep WR core to play with (assuming Ross does more this year from outside the red zone). The other WR's available aren't bad by any stretch, but that size/speed/strength combo that Metcalf has could be special if he's allowed time to refine his game.

I won't be upset if they go defense, the D sure as hell needs plenty of help at damn near all positions, so whatever route on D they go would be OK. I'm looking at it as several REALLY nice offensive prospects fell through round 1, and it seems the top of round 2 has far more potential elite talent on the offensive side than the defensive side. Should any of those offensive guys fall into the Bengals lap, I wouldn't blame them in the least bit for taking them and really turbo-charging the offense. It should be noted, I don't consider Irv Smith to be a round 1 guy that slipped, but his potential and the need to have something other than Uzi and Mr. IR at TE is certainly there.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Round 2 possibly 3 prospects - PAjwPhilly - 04-26-2019, 12:17 PM
RE: Round 2 possibly 3 prospects - samhain - 04-26-2019, 05:32 PM
RE: Round 2 possibly 3 prospects - NKURyan - 04-26-2019, 03:07 PM
RE: Round 2 possibly 3 prospects - TSwigZ - 04-26-2019, 03:43 PM
RE: Round 2 possibly 3 prospects - Ravage - 04-26-2019, 04:08 PM
RE: Round 2 possibly 3 prospects - bfine32 - 04-26-2019, 05:25 PM