Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are We Heading To The Super Bowl Yet?
I see that someone is trying to sabotage the thread with agendas. I'll attempt to bring it back. I almost always feel better after the draft, but that's pretty natural among all fans. It's a time of optimism. That said, I try to be realistic as well.

If things work out, we improved the team a lot today. We got the best lineman prospect in the draft, and followed that up with another fine prospect in the 4th (Michael Jordan). Throw in John Miller and (hopefully) a healthy and improved Billy Price and we could be turning a weakness into a strength. This should be the best Bengals line since 2015 at the very least.

I can't wait to see how the offense works with an offensive minded HC calling the plays. It's nice to know that - good or bad - we can look at the HC being responsible for how this offense performs. I think we'll see a great improvement. We're going from an old-school dinosaur (Marvin Lewis) to a completely new school offensive guy. Our offense will be following the recent trend of the HC calling plays while the "coordinator" plays a different role. Successful or not, it will be entertaining to see and at least we're trying to get with the times.

I like how we traded up a couple times. That signifies a change in how we do things. Before this, I believe we'd only traded up 1 time in the last 20+ years (since Ki-Jana).

I also like how this draft seemed to have a theme. Dominate up front. We took 2 physical and technically sound linemen while also grabbing the best blocking TE (according to PFF) in the draft. We must have big plans for Mixon and the run game (I heard Zac Taylor alluded to that during the draft).

Does this all mean Super Bowl? Of course not, but it's all encouraging to see and we certainly have things to talk about after a pretty miserable free agency.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are We Heading To The Super Bowl Yet? - Shake n Blake - 04-27-2019, 05:10 PM