Poll: Where would you rank Coach Taylor's first draft compared to the past 15 from Marvin Lewis?
#1! Better than anything we've done draft wise under Marvin Lewis
2-5 one of the best drafts since Marvin Lewis
6-10 middle of the road.
11-15 one of the worst drafts since Marvin Lewis
16. Worst draft ever! Bring back Marvin!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
How would you compare Taylors first draft as Bengals Head Coach vs Marv?
To echo others, Marv had the 1st overall pick, which was essentially him being handed Carson Palmer on a silver platter. It was the no-brainer pick. Marv was also given a lot of incoming young talent that hadn't had time to fully blossom under Lebeau. Chad Johnson, Housh, Willie, Levi, Braham, Justin Smith, Brian Simmons, Rudi, Dillon, Kitna etc. All already on the roster.

People forget that Tobin was hired just a couple years before Marv, and that's when we started having good drafts. The 2001 draft (Justin Smith, Chad, Rudi, Housh) is probably our best draft of all-time.

This isn't me saying Marv deserves no credit. This is me saying I think people give him too much. We'll continue to draft fairly well without him.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How would you compare Taylors first draft as Bengals Head Coach vs Marv? - Shake n Blake - 04-28-2019, 12:29 AM