Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vets that could released this summer.
(04-28-2019, 07:51 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: What was his PFF rating? I don't think he was 9 million good, but I don't recall him being 5.5 million Hart bad

I don't argue, it is a possibility, but I say slight possibility. I think they are thinking plug Williams into RT in 2019 and keep Glenn at left. Maybe give Williams so snaps at left so in 2020 Williams is the LT. Williams reminds me a lot of Whittworth, the scouts could not decide if he was a tackle or a guard, the Bengals played him at guard year 1 and then year 2 he played left tackle I believe.

Williams could play guard in 2019 also.
I don't think Glenn is leaving if he is healthy.

I think our OL just got better by bringing in Sample in both run and pass blocking.

His was the 60th rated Tackle at 60.9. That's bad. 

To be clear, I'm not saying this will definitely happen. Too often we want to dig into "sides" on here and figure out who is right or wrong. All I'm saying is that it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Glenn is cut in the next few months. There's plenty of reasons to, and the dead cap figure wouldn't be bad. Maybe Glenn will rebound this year and regain his old form. That'd be very nice.

But if they don't want to gamble $9.4 million on that, then he's probably gone. Jonah Williams will also be a big factor. If they really want to start him on the right side, they'll probably keep Glenn. I just don't think Glenn has justified keeping him (at his salary) based on his play alone. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vets that could released this summer. - Shake n Blake - 04-28-2019, 02:08 PM