Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vets that could released this summer.
(04-29-2019, 09:00 AM)Wyche Wrote: Glenn's main problem last season was health.  He looked good to me out there, until he started battling the injury bug.  It was so bad near the end of the season, they gave him an epidural before a game to try to get him on the field.  As a lineman, it's very tough to do your job with back issues that bad.

I'm aware of his injury issues. Tbh, that plays into it. The guy has been a walking injury for several years. I know firsthand that back issues don't go away, they only get worse. At some point you have to ask "is it worth $9.4 million?"

I'm sure the FO is at least asking themselves that. 

(04-29-2019, 09:04 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Anyone can be cut, especially a high priced guy not performing. But Glenn being cut would be like Whittworth not being re-signed because we thought we had 2 options to take his place in my opinion.

But having said that, let's see how Glenn performs in TC and preseason games. He may show he is done, but no need to make that call this early.

There is no comparison between Whit and the current Glenn. Whit was healthy and playing at an elite level. Glenn has battled constant injuries and played poorly. As for seeing how Glenn looks in TC and preseason, that's totally fair. Tbh, that will probably determine whether or not he's on the roster. If he doesn't show improvement from last year, it's hard to justify keeping him. 

Where they decide to play Jonah Williams and Glenn's health/performance will be something to keep an eye on through TC. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vets that could released this summer. - Shake n Blake - 04-29-2019, 02:25 PM