Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vets that could released this summer.
(04-29-2019, 09:46 AM)Au165 Wrote: I think Boling is a dark horse Cut/Trade options during camp depending on how well the combination of Miller, Jordan, and Hopkins play. This team appears to want to get younger and with Boling on the last year of his contract, I could see him being a casualty of other players good play.

All that being said if Jordan needs another year, or the others don't step up he stays because of his tackle versatility. I did think it was interesting they said Jordan was the kind of guy who could get you through a game at Tackle if need be.

I don't it's feasible that he gets cut and I think it's unlikely he gets traded.  Among the interior OL, Price, Miller, and Jordan are the only ones under contract for next year.  Boling and Westerman are in the last years of their deals and Trey and Redmond are on one year RFA tenders.  It doesn't make much sense to cut him to keep a worse player that's also in a contract year.

Jordan has the length to play T, but I don't want a guy Isaiah Prince kept on the inside lining up at T for the Bengals.  That's an "Antwaan Odom...is not human!" moment waiting to happen.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vets that could released this summer. - Whatever - 05-05-2019, 05:45 PM