Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The irony if Sample becomes what Zac thinks he will
(04-30-2019, 03:40 PM)Wyche Wrote: Maybe.....but if the rumors are true that other teams were looking at him, why not just make sure you get your guy?  Eff these rankings....how many times are they wrong?  I like what I saw from the staff/FO.  They have a vision, and they executed their draft to help make it a reality.  It's pretty obvious now this team will be run heavy.  They missed out on another T, so they went and got the best blocking TE on the board.  Uzomah and Eifert are not the best blockers in the world to this day.  If he goes out there and helps Mixon break free for 1600+ yards, or helps keep defenders off Dalton for 5000+ (never done in his career), then who's to say he's not worth a 2nd round pick just for blocking and catching the occasional pass?

I don't mean this to sound snooty in any way, but IDGAF about fantasy numbers, I just want wins, and opponents mashed into the dirt.

They took him because they think he can also contribute as a receiver and was just underutilized in that area in college. I hope that's the case, as he still needs to contribute somewhat as a receiver. Otherwise, it just eliminates a pass catching option on the field whenever he's out there, and we know Dalton needs as many weapons on the field as possible. It's not like I'm saying he needs to be 600+ yards to be worth the pick. It's just 300 yards. That's literally less than 1/10th of what a typical QB throws in a season.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The irony if Sample becomes what Zac thinks he will - ochocincos - 04-30-2019, 04:09 PM