Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The irony if Sample becomes what Zac thinks he will
(04-30-2019, 08:23 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I'm not really going to argue with this because I hope he does well and you're right.

I just want to say that "the best blocking TE in the class" doesn't mean he'd be drafted as high as he was(usually the opposite).

Outside of that, his attributes are projected because there's not enough production to prove him.

A lot of times if a player is not used and it doesn't show on tape then the opposing D won't even gameplan for coverage.

Knowing that...

Would he have slipped to later in the 3rd or even the 4th?

It's quite possible.

We don't know but neither do you.

True but it was said there was atleast one team right behind us (after we traded back mind you) that wanted Sample at their pick in the 2nd. It is all about scheme and the type of player you want at that point for your scheme. Evidently Sample was the perfect TE for Taylor's scheme, a blocking TE with good hands that is very smart and an unselfish team player...

This is a different era Rocker, not Marv's which was a failure regardless of what some might say.

Time to move on and have an open mind about the new era.

I don't give a rat's azz about Marv anymore, he is history and i like what my new HC has been sayin' and more importantly doing.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The irony if Sample becomes what Zac thinks he will - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-30-2019, 09:42 PM