Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The irony if Sample becomes what Zac thinks he will
(05-01-2019, 10:13 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Devin Bush had more upside due to the athleticism but Pratt had better production and size, making Pratt the safer pick. With that said, the Steelers have traditionally been (a lot) better than the Bengals when it comes to developing LBs, so they'll probably get more out of Bush than the Bengals would have.

Think of it this way too...
Would you rather have Jonah Williams and Germaine Pratt or Devin Bush and a 3rd round OT like Chuma Edoga or Trey Pipkins?
I would have much preferred the former.

I think it is much easier as a LB to thrive in a 3-4 than a 4-3 simply due to coverage of the field responsibilities. So yes the Steeler's do develop LB's for their system, but is it the player or the scheme. In contrast, it is hard for a Steeler DL to thrive and get over 10 sacks a year. Those sacks go to the LB's generally in their system.

I love our Williams pick, he can be a starting  OL for next 10 to 12 years. Bush likely will flame out within 5 to 7 years. It is tough for a smallish LB in the NFL to not get worn down physically. Then we got Pratt in the 3rd and i loved that pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The irony if Sample becomes what Zac thinks he will - Luvnit2 - 05-01-2019, 10:33 AM