Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We're still not in good shape at LB. Any ideas?
(04-28-2019, 10:52 PM)Whodey614 Wrote: Zach Brown and Jamie Collins are pretty much our only options. It's not like we're expected to compete this year anyway, but I'd hate for Pratt or Jefferson to have a lot of pressure coming into the season to be the solutions. I'm 80% sure we're not interested in them, though. Otherwise, we would've signed them a while ago. The Darron Lee rumors went dead, also. I didn't have a problem with Brown coming back, he got nicked up immediately and while he's far from good in coverage he still came away with 2 INTs. Probably the only guy I'd consider "decent". Vigil is merely ok and that's only because we have no other options.

It's unfortunate that we signed Bobby Hart to $21 million (cough, I mean TECHNICALLY $16 million before people feel the need to correct me regardless of the fact that it's still a terrible signing). We could've got a couple of solid linebackers for Hart's price and signed a comparable swing tackle but we signed Hart because "WHERE ELSE ARE YOU GONNA FIND A RIGHT TACKLE???" Only to end up drafting a OT in the first.

The 'we're not supposed to compete this year' narrative is accurate. But with AJ, Geno, and Dunlap all pushing 30/31 years old...our window to compete isn't going to be open forever.

We do need add LB's.

Then, it's up to IF guys like Ross, Price, Miller who we just signed and some of our other young players can improve.

There really isn't a ton of different from a talent perspective between a team that's 6 wins and a 9-10 win team. It's just a matter of getting guys to perform.

I'm a huge Mixon fan and I think that running him a lot could be a great recipe for success.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We're still not in good shape at LB. Any ideas? - THE PISTONS - 04-28-2019, 11:31 PM