Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We're still not in good shape at LB. Any ideas?
(04-28-2019, 11:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The 'we're not supposed to compete this year' narrative is accurate. But with AJ, Geno, and Dunlap all pushing 30/31 years old...our window to compete isn't going to be open forever.

We do need add LB's.

Then, it's up to IF guys like Ross, Price, Miller who we just signed and some of our other young players can improve.

There really isn't a ton of different from a talent perspective between a team that's 6 wins and a 9-10 win team. It's just a matter of getting guys to perform.

I'm a huge Mixon fan and I think that running him a lot could be a great recipe for success.

Of course. If Taylor's system elevates the Malik Jeffersons, Jordan Willis', John Ross', Nick Vigils, etc and we don't have 15+ players go on IR again we could be competitive. I love the idea of giving Mixon the keys and Taylor did a good job trying to fix the OL through the draft. That was easily the most important thing that had to be done. More LBs do need to be added. Hopefully, they will prove me wrong and bring in a Zach Brown.

Unfortunately, I think we are still at least a draft away from being back to where we were from 11-15. I do think if they're serious about getting the most out of this group while Geno, AJ, Carlos, etc are still high-level players, playoffs should be in the discussion this year. But we're relying on too many things to go our way. If things go bad again, I'm almost certain it's rebuild time.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We're still not in good shape at LB. Any ideas? - Whodey614 - 04-29-2019, 12:47 AM