Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We're still not in good shape at LB. Any ideas?
(04-29-2019, 10:51 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think the issue I see with the 'how' part is that under their model, you have to nail draft after draft after draft. They did that for a span of time, but then when those guys contracts starting come up...they lost a bunch of them to free agency and couldn't replace them.

Their model puts so much pressure on drafting and coaching.

I don't get why they don't just dip into free agency for starters more.

It's weird - When we drafted bad, we'd make free agent signings and then those guys failed for various reasons - injuries, poor due diligence in the case of Antonio Bryant, bad system fit, lack of talent around them, etc. Then, once we started drafting well, we started going with low tier free agents.

Some approach in the middle would seem to work well.
Agreed to an extent I have no problem with signing 2nd tier free agents like they did when Zimmer came here. Adam Jones, Chris Crocker, Wallace Gilberry, Terrence Newman, Thomas Howard, Manny Lawson, Reggie Nelson, Brandon Johnson, and Nate Clemments. 
Now they don't even do that maybe a fringe LB but other than that nothing. They definitely need to be more aggressive than what they are. Signing Brown and Hart we're embarrassing dumbass moves. 
(04-29-2019, 11:39 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It seems like there are 1 or 2 rookie LB's every year that come out of nowhere and play well. I wouldn't bet on it being Pratt, but it could happen.

So...even if Pratt becomes a capable starter Year 1 which is a big IF...we need depth as LB's get hurt.

Why can't it be Pratt exactly ?Dude has all the Athletic ability, high PFF college grade, and is  pretty smart and dedicated to football from all accounts. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We're still not in good shape at LB. Any ideas? - J24 - 04-30-2019, 02:27 PM