Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We're still not in good shape at LB. Any ideas?
(04-30-2019, 10:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I just wish that we'd come out of free agency with 1 or 2 really clear upgrades. We had some $50+ million in cap space.

Sure the draft is viewed as positive. It's viewed as a major upgrade basically every year on the board. Other teams view their drafts the same way.

Couple that with 2 good free agent signings, and wow the team will really start to get ahead.

Instead, we're banking on health, coaching, and draft picks to turn this ship around. That puts a lot of pressure on coaching and the draft.

We did.

John Miller was better than what we had at RG. Upgrade
We had Glenn and Kent Perkins on the roster at T. So signing Hart as bad as he is was an upgrade. 
We had Hardy Nickerson and ??? at MLB. So signing free agent Preston Brown was huge.
We had Shrek and Carter at TE. We signed Uzi and Eifert. Huge.

We had two late round picks behind WJ3 and Kirk at CB. We signed DD and Webb. Huge.

Our roster was not very deep and needed a lot of work. I really wanted guys that seemed to be clear upgrades. But Trent Brown and CJ Mosley would have cost a combined almost 34 million. We basically had to spread the wealth or even after a draft haul of 10+ players we would have had glaring holes on our 53 man roster. I still have a hard time filling out a 53 man roster after our draft. Quality over quantity in this free agency class would have been a bad move. I don't always view it like that. But I think things started to unravel here as ol shithead marv went off the rails. 

We have 10 draft picks who could all easily make the roster. And we didn't even draft a WR. Our top two WRs entering the year are in contract years. So having some money left over to spend on them is huge. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We're still not in good shape at LB. Any ideas? - NATI BENGALS - 05-01-2019, 12:17 AM