Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets take a quick thought at how ZT is building the roster
The fact that they tried to trade up for O-line after taking an O-lineman tells me that Pittsburgh traded in front of Cincy for no reason other than to sell BS to their base.

Taylor sees that the O-line is the biggest problem and trying to fix it with a fast LB in the 1st and the 10th-15th best O-lineman in the 2nd round wasn't going to cut it. If Pittsburgh fans want to hang their hat on "We stole your guy", all they are doing is projecting their anger over losing WJIII to Cincy years ago. The drop off from Bush to Pratt is similar to the drop off from WJIII to Artie Burns. The big difference is, we took our "Artie Burns" in the third round, they took theirs in the first right after WJIII.

Then when Taylor and Tobin knew that their O-lineman that they wanted to trade up for was gone, they looked at their board, knew that the next best "fix" for the O-line wasn't going to be drafted for a bit, traded down, picked up another 6th and got the guy they wanted in Sample.

Then after having all night to review the players left over after round three, they traded up for the QB they wanted, got a good powerful DT and then traded up to get the O-lineman that they felt could contribute.

This is new to me so I'm still kind of adjusting to what they've done.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lets take a quick thought at how ZT is building the roster - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 04-30-2019, 03:19 AM