Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets take a quick thought at how ZT is building the roster
(04-30-2019, 10:39 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: lol wut?

Just a little common sense and things directly out of ZTs mouth. 

Do you think coaches preparing for the super bowl should be scouting? I don't. Sure they may get info during the season. But NFL coaches should not have time during the season to get in deep to scouting college players. 

Scouts scout, coaches coach. 

He was the last head coach hired and had to spend plenty of time forming his coaching staff and creating a plan as a first time head coach. He also had to evaluate his own team and watch them. No way in the world can a guy do all that in 3 months and have enough time to scout every player in the draft. 

You know how I know what I said was right?

From ZT
https://www.bengals.com/news/zac-taylor-draft-transcript-and-wrapup

"Hats off to (Bengals director of player personnel) Duke Tobin and his staff. For the first time going through this, they made the process very easy for this coaching staff. "

"The way that Duke and Mike Brown manage it, it’s an easy process. We got the players we wanted to get."

Yep. That's been a criticism of mine and some other analysts since the 1990's. Other teams have scouts out doing the scouting as the college football season is during the same timeframe as the NFL season.

The Bengals have to play catchup.

So since the Rams SB...Taylor had to:
-Be hired here.
-Evaluate the roster.
-Hire coaches.
-Scout players.
-Install a new offense and defense.

That's A LOT to do. A LOT. Probably more than 1 person can succeed at.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lets take a quick thought at how ZT is building the roster - THE PISTONS - 04-30-2019, 10:47 PM