Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggest difference we’ll see this year and why I’m so pumped.
(05-04-2019, 06:59 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: A new coach could bring positive change, he could also be as crappy as the Reds rookie manager. Some people are predicting 9-10 wins, I wish that I  was that optimistic. I looked at the depth chart a couple of days ago. I counte 5 decent starters on D and 2 decent reserves. I counted the same on the Offense. That’s not very good!! I’m curious if others have looked at the depth chart at all. If so, what am I missing? Maybe that depth chart would make a good discussion. There may be better players there than I’m seeing but that was my impression.

On offense: Mixon, Boyd, Green, and Eifert are as good as any RB/TE/WR 4-some in the league WHEN HEALTHY. I think that's the optimism for the team.

But, yeah...assuming Williams is an above average to good Pro as a rookie...we'll have 2 lineman in that category.

Dalton is an average to above average QB.

The defensive line and secondary are above average to good. Our LB's are terrible. If they could improve to atleast average, we'd have a decent defense.

You don't need stars at every position to win...you just can't have bad starters. We'll need guys like Price/Miller/Ross/Vigil/Pratt/Billings/Glenn to atleast play league average or better. We'll also need health because like you said, our depth is bad on the offensive line/LB/WR/QB. Any injury at those positions could be catastrophic.

I think we'll need A LOT of things to break right. Taylor and the Coaching staff will have to all be good coaches. Then, we'll need a bunch of players to take bigs steps forward to compete. And we'll need health.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biggest difference we’ll see this year and why I’m so pumped. - THE PISTONS - 05-04-2019, 08:44 PM