Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggest difference we’ll see this year and why I’m so pumped.
(05-04-2019, 08:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think our biggest risk is the inexperience of the coaching staff. I keep hearing people say that Taylor will bring the Rams offense and we're drafting to be the Rams. The thing is, he was assistant WR coach there in 1 year. Then QB coach in Year 2. He didn't build the Rams offense or call plays.

Callahan didn't call the plays with the Raiders. That's a HUGE Step up.

Plus, I hear people talk about Taylors drafting. Say he started here in Feb. In 3 months he would have had to:

-Assess the roster.
-Do scouting for draft.
-Do scouting for free agency.
-Evaluate coaches.
-Hire coaches.
-Determine which free agents to sign.
-Develop and offensive and defensive scheme.
-Design a playbook as he'll be the OC.
-Handle the draft.

That's a HUGE ask for an inexperience staff in 3 months to complete...and I doubt that Taylor is doing all of those things.

In a nutshell, then what you're saying is that the only people who can succeed at being a head coach are: (A) people who have been a HC somewhere else; or (B) an offensive or defensive coordinator.

Furthermore, you are saying (by inference) that a prior HC had to be a winning HC and that prior OCs/DCs had to have built outstanding units.

Therefore, I give you (A) Bellicheat ... who was a loser while HC of the Clowns and (B) Merv ... who built a great defense for the Ratbirds and couldn't win a playoff game here.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biggest difference we’ll see this year and why I’m so pumped. - PV Bengal - 05-05-2019, 10:19 AM