Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
If I told you once, I told you twice...
Ehh...you tell us not to buy into fake news and then tell us that a number of QBs that have been criticized and called to be replaced don't get criticized.

Flacco got benched/replaced by a guy who can't throw the ball and people are fine with it. Elway made some comments about Flacco still having what it takes and the media had a field day with it and laughed at Elway's latest QB-blunder.

Stafford gets lots of flack, and he plays for a franchise that has a single playoff win in 60+ years. His replacement has been discussed about as much as Dalton's, but it comes back to them playing for garbage franchises.

Multiple fans/experts have said this is a make or break year for Mariotta and Tannehill was brought in to either take the starting spot now or next year if/when they move on from him.

There has been plenty of noise about the Bucs moving on from James Winston, plus the guy was on the bench for Ryan Fitzpatrick this year and I don't recall anyone acting like the Bucs were insane for playing a journeyman QB over him. Hardly a sign that no one ever talks about him losing his job.

Kirk Cousins looks bad when you factor in the contract and the buzz he generated as a FA, but as Fred pointed out, he's better than you're giving him credit for. The guy does fall apart in big games and his W/L record versus winning teams is bad AND it's brought up...a lot. I don't know where you get the idea that people aren't on his arse.

The media doesn't seem too high on Carr, but he is a one-year wonder who throws the ball 3 yards and had one great season and rode it to a big contract. There was plenty of buzz about Gruden replacing him in the past year or so, including this draft, and again no one acted like replacing Carr is a crazy idea.

Matt Ryan and Cam Newton aren't HOF-ers, but they both made the SB since we had a winning season, so meh...I can see why they'd get more respect than us/Dalton. WIth that being said, Cam's shoulder is a big concern and they drafted a QB higher than we did and there is buzz that Cam's best days may be gone. Like Dalton, he's riding on the "hey, remember 2015!?" fumes.

The fact that you think the media loves Jay Cutler just completely blows my mind.

Ida know, man...you cry fake news and then say a bunch of stuff that doesn't really jive with what I've been hearing. Plus, Dalton hasn't had a winning season in 3 years. NOt all his fault, but you can't expect a small-market team to get much attention when they are winning 6 games per year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If I told you once, I told you twice... - Nately120 - 05-07-2019, 07:42 PM